Sunday, December 18, 2005

Corporate Research International

Corporate Research International
Overall Rating: D

Summary:
  • Number of jobs/clients: High
  • Type of jobs: Extremely varied, including phone shops, restaurant, apartment, and retail
  • Rate of pay: Far below average
  • Speed and method of payment: Weekly direct deposit
  • Bonuses offered?: Yes
Advantages:

CpRI has excellent website design, including an easy to use job board. Scheduling and submitting jobs is relatively easy.

CoRI does pay extremely quickly (weekly) with a direct deposit option. It is clear and easy to tell when you will be paid and the status of your payment on the website, and they also issue a confirmation e-mail.

Jobs not claimed are often offered sequentially increasing bonuses, so it pays to wait if you don't think anyone will accept the job.

Disadvantages:

Pay rate is much lower for several of their major clients than the industry average, sometimes laughably so. Five dollars for ten employee interactions? Fifty cents for a phone shop? Get outta here! Sadly, it's to the point that, unless a shop is bonused, in most cases it simply isn't worth doing.

CoRI also has very poor communication. Despite having a website "chat feature", as well as the ability to leave a message in the chat room or just send an e-mail, I have never managed to get any kind of response out of the company. This is particularly troubling when dealing with payment problems.

You have to participate in a long client training and pass a test in order to see the details of the job, including the pay rate -- which can be frustrating considering some jobs aren't worth the money. Also, CoRI requires electronic receipt submission; no faxes or mailing of receipts are allowed.

All in all, CoRI is a good place to start for a brand new shopper if you just want to try out a shop at any pay rate -- chances are, there are lots of shops just sitting available -- but otherwise, I'd give this one a pass.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Their communication is very poor. In addition, they do not keep their commitments

I did a shop for them last week that contained the wrong contact information. After finding the correct information, I completed the shop per their requirements.

Now they will not pay me because the store's receipt did not have the imprinted header that they expected. I shopped the correct store, submitted a receipt and will not be paid.

Ann Harris, a supervisor in the Finley, OH office was unwilling to listen to my concerns. She agreed to pay me and then she reneged on her commitment the next day. Basically Ann told me that they will not pay even when the problem is caused by them or the company the represent.

I even tried to leave message for Michael Mallett, the president of Corporate Research. No responses.

I have seen several posting on the web that discussed their low pay and poor communications. I would strongly suggest you look for more reputable companies to shop with.

Bob

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, they have very poor rates. Check out what they told me. They said that I was not allowed to do Exxon shops no longer because I was reported taking pictures in a store and the workers got suspicious and scared and called the police and I was identified and I never showed them my acceptance letter! LOL....Why would I take pictures in the store? That would be severe stupidity on my part. Second, I never encountered any police in all the Exxon shops I have done. Third, if there would have been police there and would have run my license plate, it would have never came back to my name, because the car is solely in my daughter's name!!!!! HAHAHA! So it makes me who made up such an idiotic story? I told them about this and, of course, no reply.............

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home