Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mystery Guest, Inc.

Mystery Guest, Inc.
Overall Rating: B+
  • Number of jobs/clients: Below average
  • Type of jobs: Restaurant
  • Rate of pay: Reimbursement only
  • Speed and method of payment: Check, 2-3 weeks
  • Bonuses offered?: None known
Advantages:

Mystery Guest, Inc. exclusively serves restaurant clients. If you enjoy an evening out at a popular chain restaurant, they're a good company for you! They are reliable and speedy in their reimbursement payments. An alcoholic drink is allowed.

I find their forms briefer and simpler to use than many other restaurant shops. The amount of narrative isn't as excessive as some dining shops are. Further, while they don't have a specific feedback system, I have not found them disagreeable about any shop reports as long as guidelines are followed.

While you won't earn an income with Mystery Guest, Inc., a nice dinner out with a short report form is a nice break and an enjoyable experience for you and a guest.

Disadvantages:

Some shoppers complain that the reimbursement amounts are not sufficient in their area; however, in my experience, reimbursement is fair but not excessive. Two guests are typically required and with the advance scheduling (with a specific date and a narrow time range), this may be impractical for some, especially singles.

Mystery Guest, Inc. communicates only by telephone and e-mail, and you'll probably wait awhile before getting a shop offer. Don't call for shops and don't expect to get more than four to six assignments a year; they enforce a rotation for all shops, not just shops for a specific location or client. Still, regardless of the no-frills website and a reimbursement only pay policy, I have to say it's otherwise a good company.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried this company because I saw mention in an MSN article. But even though they approved reimbursement after I wrote the evaluation, they never paid me. They kept sending me emails that they did not have enough info, so I would call. They would tell me no problem I'll get a check...several months and 3 emails and 4 phone calls later I still got nothing.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Jarrod Morrison said...

I do not recommend doing business with this site as they do not follow through with the reimbursement they promise. I, too, tried to get my reimbursement. With me, they didn't say that I hadn't completed the survey properly, they said that my address was incorrect. Over and over again, they told me that my address was incorrect and it was not. It has been 5 months and nothing.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will also never deal with Mystery Guest Inc. ever again. I accepted an assignment at a Cheesecake Factory in MA in August of 2008, and 6 months later, I still have not received a reimbursement check. A rep initially replied and said they were late in sending out that month's checks, but I still have nothing. I've been sending firm yet courteous emails and calls, and I'm being completely ignored by them.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THEY DONT PAY!!! COMPLAIN TO BBB!!!! I have been having the same problem. I did 2 assignments which I have not been paid for yet! I wanted to know if this is a company problem so I googled and found this blog. I am sure there are more suckers like us waiting to be paid!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This company is a sham. THEY DO NOT PAY. I completed my shop, the shop was accepted and I have not been paid. I contacted them several times and I did get an email informing me that "checks were late" and that it would be mailed "next week." I am still waiting. I'm going on every blog I can find to give them negative feedback.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home